Thursday, March 10, 2005

When Peace Like a River...

Ah, the stress level builds as usual. I always dread going to class because I am afraid of repercussions (SP?) for my missing work and missing classes. As usual, however, I did enjoy my history class. It is those last few minutes when we are all sitting around talking, and he is looking at his grades, when the danger is that he will request an overdue assignment that I have yet to complete. Perhaps I am paranoid...
But that doesn't mean he will not ask.
Today we were given something of a fatherly lecture because of our less than AP test results. Mine was no exception since I was less prepared than I ought to have been. I do not even want to think about English right now. My only comfort is that she knows how far behind I am and yet, mercifully, still encourages me and seems to think that I can catch up.
My goal is to graduate next year. It will not be easy since I will have a full, and difficult, schedule next year plus I will need to take summer school and at least one quarter credit correspondence in order to achieve the proper amount of credits. Summer school concerns me because I am not sure when it ends. The STEP program begins on July third so I hope (though I have not much hope) that it would end before them. If I am wrong I will either not be able to do STEP or I will have to do another correspondence class. I could always put off graduation for another year; but that would be dreadful as I am already a year behind. I really want to graduate with my class, plus I really do not want to be a twenty year old when I receive my diploma.

There was much more information than needed to be posted up there, but it does feel good to write it down. If you do not (and I cannot blame you) have the patience or time to read it all, here it is in a nutshell: Stress.

The French Revolution is really quite interesting. Turns out we cannot put all the blame on Marie Antoinette for the debt of her country since not even her extravagance could drive France so deep into it's own grave... Next week we are dramatizing it in my history class. We each have assigned parts for which we write our own scripts. I am doing the adoption of the revolutionary calendar. I want to find some great cloths for period costume.

Maintaining consciousness.

3 comments:

CelloChic said...

Meggy girl, you're trooper. Keep pluggin' along. You're faith and brains will take you far.
I'm glad you're not bitter about your school situation.
Keep it chazzy and surf the waves once at a time.

Rebekah said...

Hi! I'm one of Erin's friends from the far west. I admire your ambitions immensely--I tend to go for the easiest route possible, and unfortunately that doesn't always bring the best possible conclusions to things. Believe me, I find you extreemly couragious--wonderful! I'm linked to EJ so check me out sometime. =)

KatzeMeg said...

Thanks bunches! That is a big encouragment! Yeah, i usually pick the hard ways, then procrastinate, which doesn't bring me to the best conlcusion either lol.
I guess that just proves we are all still in need of grace. :D