Thursday, January 24, 2008

My thoughts nowadays.

I know a person isn't supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but I find myself doing just that. Literally. (No pun intended.)
Meandering through the children's section of Borders, my imagination is enraptured by the various pictures of sword fights, princesses, and animals.
Tonight I broke down and bought a book that has appealed to me because of its cover and title for months. A prequel to the Peter Pan story, Peter and the Starcatchers, is the newest addition to my library. Yet another book that I shall start and probably not finish for another three years.
Of course, part of the willingness to splurge on this book was probably brought on by a wonderful dream I had last night in which I was among the lost boys, fighting pirates, swinging by vines between trees to sneak up on bad guys, and defending our territory in the woods.
I've been having a lot of vivid dreams lately, which I owe to my Zoloft. Most of them I've been able to make some sort of sense of. I don't really know where this one could have come from, but it was enjoyable.
And on that topic, I've recently decided to stop trying to suppress my love for children's books, fairly tales, and well, just good stories in general. I'm not sure why I ever tried to deny it, actually. I guess it was just one of those "I'm too old for this, I should read smarter, more respectable books. Time to grow up."
Yeah. I'm glad I don't think like that so much anymore.

No comments: