Saturday, November 01, 2008

Just an Ordinary Day

On the gravel path that leads down from the main campus to my apartment, a blue mechanical pencil quietly found me walking back. Waiting for me on the edge of the path, it stopped me with a soft-spoken whisper of God's constant and and perfectly-timed provision for me.
"Remember the last time you found a pencil on the ground? You had just run out of all of your other pencils, and were on your way to class. It, too, was unbroken and full of lead.
"Perhaps you hadn't given it much thought, but that pencil is almost out of lead."

--- --- ---

Having hit the wall that night as far as homework was concerned, I headed out of the library. The car was parked in the quasi-secret place under the chapel Max had shown me just a few nights before. I veered toward the side door of the chapel, just on a whim, thinking that I would steal a few minutes alone with God in the sanctuary. Upon approaching the door, I was met with the low, guttural sounds of a kind of melodious nature. Curiosity led me in to find three of my friends practicing on the stage.
James is on the drums, pounding out the beats wearing nothing but shorts and athletic socks. Brian;s tall frame leans over the electric bass, his shaggy blond hair curtaining his face dramatically. But Jonathan steals the show rolling back and fourth on the stage, screaming the words to the song and playing his electric guitar.
Post my initial laughter, and their song dedication to me, I settle myself into a seat in the balcony and accomplish some reading to the soundtrack of their talent.

1 comment:

estetik said...

thanks for ur great posting on web design service we also provide quality web design and development services on affordable price plz look once estetik