Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I'm so grateful for the fellowship of believers.

Today was not a great day, to say the least. I overslept for an exam that, until half-way through yesterday, I had thought was tomorrow. I was an hour late, had not studied, and I don't know how well I did. I also needed to get an 89% or better to pass the class.

Basically, everything else in life decided to catch up with me, since this morning's exam caused a huge breech in my emotional stability, and I've had about half a dozen break downs today. But every time I've broken down, or even explained my situation, it's been with loving brothers and sisters who have held me and prayed for me and let me break down. I think I've been prayed for and over more times today than in a long time. This kind of encouragement has really been defeating the initial discouragement of the morning.

Not to mention the amazing talks I have been having with so many people lately. I've never been so surrounded by so many people around whom I can make myself completely vulnerable, and who do the same. Being honest about the issues and struggles of our lives. It still isn't the most comfortable thing to do, to put yourself out to other people, and it is still something I have to struggle to make myself do. But it is always rewarding to open myself up to trusted fellow believers who are confirming of the fact that I am not alone, and I am not insane.

No comments: